QIAN JIA TING: All about our Family

"The most important work we will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."

Sunday, February 4, 2007

February is here







Well, we made it to February! We were without health insurance for one month and were praying that our little baby didn't decide to show up during that window. Thankfully, he didn't and seems to be doing well "inside". His official due date is March 1st so we expect him sometime this month and are getting more excited every day.

William just survived his first business trip. Well, I should say Lori "survived". William was busy learning all kinds of new things, staying in a nice hotel, and going out to eat every night. Poor him :) I missed him a lot and counted the days until he got home. I guess this is something I need to get used to but I admit, I am a sap and a wimp---I missed him terribly.

We have been really blessed to find some great people in our ward, people who have already helped so much with our transition here. I was afraid it would take me a long time to find anyone I felt comfortable leaving the kids with while I went to doctor appointments, but I have already found several people who have been wonderful. Just another confirmation that we are in the right place.

William's job keeps him very busy and he has already been to several different clients working on various projects. Sometimes he's in San Francisco, sometimes Oakland, and this coming week he'll be in Santa Clara. Never a dull moment, which is great!

As for me, it seems I'm always involved in "training". I catch myself using that term a lot in relation to the kids. A few weeks ago, it was sleep training for both of them as new challenges arose with jumping out of the crib for Annabelle and losing the nap for Abraham. Then was the transition to "big kid" beds. As of late, it's been potty training for Abraham---what a job! So, these in addition to the everyday training that comes along with child-rearing, keeps me in the "never a dull moment" category as well.

Well, stay tuned for more posts. The clock is ticking as we anxiously await the arrival of baby Alexander. Stay tuned!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At February 4, 2007 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    What a cute little family you have. I love the Bay Area (It's where I grew up). Olivia and I will actually be visiting out there in a couple weeks. If you're not giving birth, and want to visit send me an email! Good luck!

    Erin Scarborough

     
  • At February 5, 2007 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

    Lori, the kids look so big. I like the concept of 'in training' I definately will be using that phrase from now on.

     
  • At February 5, 2007 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Amy said...

    Annabelle's pigtails are so cute! I am so glad B hasn't learned how to jump out of the crib yet. I'm suprised that Annabelle wasn't doing that a year ago though - with all the climbing/jumping "qian" skills that she was born with. :)

    Good luck with that potty training (and training in general). Love you guys!

     
  • At February 5, 2007 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Ally said...

    I LOVE the pics! Especially the church ones! I can't wait to see everyone in a month. The kids are definitely changing....awwwwwww.

     
  • At February 10, 2007 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Brian said...

    Oh, fantastic! I too love the idea of in training. I will be using that in my classroom from now on. We are in training. Also, My birthday is the 2nd of March so hold of a day okay. :P
    Love Brian

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home