QIAN JIA TING: All about our Family

"The most important work we will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Person





October 28 was William's birthday. It was his "real" birthday, as indicated by the lunar calendar. His birthday changes every year, something I don't really understand. It stays the same on the lunar calendar, but changes according to our conventional calendar. I've never been able to understand it, so we usually celebrate it in September, which is his "paperwork" birthday. However, we decided this year to actually celebrate it on September 18, which happened to be October 28. Make sense? Not really? You're not alone, but it works for us.


Anyway, the birthday man came downstairs to a special breakfast of noodles with an egg on top. The noodles symbolize longevity, so it's good luck to eat them on your birthday. The egg symbolizes something---I have no idea what---but his Mom used to give that to him every year so I thought I would too :) We then went to church, I let him have the Sunday afternoon nap (he usually lets me have it) and then we enjoyed a dinner party with some friends.


William is an extraordinary person in many ways and I am incredibly blessed to be his wife. He is, quite simply, my favorite person. He has changed my life in miraculous ways. He is as near perfect a husband as there is, a fantastic father, and a very unique, special, strong person. I just love him more than words can say and I always will.

4 Comments:

  • At October 31, 2007 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

    Happy Birthday! What nice birthday traditions. I hope this next year is fabulous.

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Headle said...

    Happy Birthday William!! :)

    You really are a fantastic father, husband and friend to so many of us! May this year bring many more beautiful blessings to you and your sweet family!!
    Love,
    Heather and Dan

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Ryan & Kiersta said...

    Lori, it looks like William had a fabulous birthday. I am sorry we were not together to celebrate...we love you guys and miss you a ton. Love Kiersta

     
  • At November 8, 2007 at 1:47 PM , Blogger shaleenmarie22 said...

    hey Lori and Will....happy birthday i feel bad that i dident call ...i think i am going to make sure i have a list or something of everyones b-day that is important to me...next year i am calling!! lori that food looks sooooooo good...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home