QIAN JIA TING: All about our Family

"The most important work we will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy 2008?

That's me on the slopes in Tahoe. This was our latest date. Pretty fun, huh?

Sweet, Gorgeous, Ski-Slope Babe of a Husband!



Okay, his shirt is filthy, but he just looks so cute here, running at me!




Using one of their favorite Christmas presents.




"Hey Abraham, give me a ride!"



"Um...I don't think this is working quite right..."


Okay, no we haven't officially made our blog private yet, but we're keeping that option open. I know it's easier for everyone to take a quick look without logging on, so for the moment we'll leave it public. I was just sort of annoyed by people (okay, one person) whom I don't know making a comment. I'm sure he was just innocently advertising but still. I do put a LOT of personal information about the kids on here and I worry sometimes that maybe that's not so wise. I'm also thinking of starting another blog to get out my "real thoughts", and make that public. That way, this family-update blog could just be for friends and family. Still thinking about this...bear with us.




Um, happy new year? I don't know. I'm in a funk, for lack of a better word. I could list all kinds of wonderful things about my life---tremendous blessings, fun experiences, and goals for the upcoming year---but I'd rather just say "eh, another year for me to dwell on all the things that bug me, hurt me, annoy me, hinder me, etc." Sounds pretty negative, right? I agree! But you know what? It's the truth about how I feel sometimes. I'm pretty good at putting on a happy face, but "dang it" (as my four-year-old says now) I'm just not going to today. I'll wear my Eyore, woe is me face instead.




Okay, what I should be doing right now, rather than sharing my "negative Nellie"-ness is preparing my lesson for Sunday. I'm teaching Relief Society (the class for women at my church) and um...ya...it's in Mandarin. I have not prepared at all because (insert list of excuses here) and Sunday is fast approaching. My sweetheart babe of a husband just walked in and I'm thinking he's going to be a tremendous help in this area.




More about 2008 coming...




7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home