QIAN JIA TING: All about our Family

"The most important work we will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."

Saturday, April 5, 2008

More Fun Memories From China 2006

In light of my recent post about Nai Nai's attempt to get a visa, I thought I would post a few pics of her ,and some of William's other family members in China. We spent three months there during the summer of 2006 and we hope that someday we can make more regular visits. Of course, we also hope they will be able to visit us here. Anyway, these are some fun memories and if you're interested in more pics from that trip, look under my older posts because I posted several China pics in another post, as well. Enjoy!

Nai Nai was teaching Abraham how to make jiao zi (pot stickers) and he decided to take matters into his own hands.


If you look closely, you'll see that he is holding a chicken nugget and she is holding a cheeseburger. We definitely "converted" her (at least in the fast food area). The kids and I would convince her to go to McDonald's more often than I care to admit here.


See any resemblance here? And who is that cute, bald little girl?!


Abraham gets introduced to mah zhong with several of William's aunts.


This is us with William's parents, his older brother, wife, and their daughter.


Here is Annabelle with her Ye Ye, visiting one of the uncles in the countryside.


Three generations of Qians. Could Ye Ye be any prouder?


Nai Nai, her Mother (who passed away last year) and me.


Nai Nai holding the rarely-sleeping boy.

6 Comments:

  • At April 5, 2008 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Sister Tara Bowen said...

    William's mother is beautiful and so young-looking! The trip looks awesome. Ever since reading "Joy Luck" I've wanted to learn how to play ma-jong (I know I spelled it incorrectly--sorry!) I hope Conference weekend is inspiring you!
    Round one was pleasant and warm for me and round two was inspiring and tender. Can you tell which one my son was there for and which he slept through?:) Two more sessions to go!

     
  • At April 5, 2008 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Janelle said...

    Wow, those are all great pictures. Annabelle looks so funny without any hair - I guess I never knew her when she was bald.
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

     
  • At April 6, 2008 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Desmama said...

    Those pictures are so cool. I loved looking at them. I'm with the top commenter too--I've been intrigued about how to play mah-zhong since reading Joy Luck too. I loved the last picture of the sleeping baby. I'm sure it's such a thrill to have you and your precious kids visit!

     
  • At April 6, 2008 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Andelin said...

    That's awesome! I'd love to know more about China and the people there. I did watch a couple of documentaries about it, but that's about it. What city do they live in? And what part of China is that? Do they have access to the internet so they can check out the blog once in a while and see pictures?

     
  • At April 7, 2008 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

    Awesome pics! They HAVE to let them over here... dumb INS... they need to screen for crims and not peoples' families. I think we should be in charge!

     
  • At April 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Athack77 said...

    I love your pictures. I hope your in-laws will be able to visit soon. As I read I acutally knew the Chinese words for grandpa and grandma thanks to Nick Jr.'s "Nee-hao Kilan" It's kind of like an Asain version of Dora. We watch it every morning and I always think of you guys!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home