QIAN JIA TING: All about our Family

"The most important work we will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Focusing on the Blessings: Our Baby is One!

The following pics are a hodge podge (is that a real phrase?) of Alexander's birthday celebrations and a few random ones of the kids in their new yard, which they love! I will dedicate another post specifically to baby Alex, but in the meantime, enjoy the pics!



Alexander is 1!!!

Singing to the Birthday boy.


"The Movers taking a donut break"
Our kids with their best buds (our neighbors from our previous place).
They had fun helping us load our moving truck last week-end.


The kids' new favorite thing is to bring their blankets and pillows out to the trampoline.




Of course, baby Alex tries to get in on the action.




This is our word wall, or at least the beginning of it. Abraham is teaching Annabelle. Notice how he is pointing to the letters and, although you can't tell here, making her repeat each letter.



She's over the word wall already.

Our friends Chun Fen and Jin Yan with their son, Jimmy. Their other son, Wei, is taking the picture. This was our hysterical attempt at a nice family photo. Notice how miserable the birthday boy is here. All the kids are looking anywhere but at the camera.



Wonderful friends, Sheila and Gary. Looking at this photo, it acutally


looks like Alexander could be their kid!


Emily and Michael (2 of Gary and Sheila's sweet kids)




Our previous neighbors, Kristen and Steve


Alexander is absolutely a Daddy's Boy

We're ready for baby brother's party, Mom!




Gathered 'round the birthday boy.




Kids going CRAZY with the cupcakes!



"Hmm...which present should I open next?"

Life certainly has its ups and downs. Some ups and downs are public and we don't mind sharing them. Some are private and we may suffer, to varying degrees, in silence. Regardless, we all have challenges and life is, among other things, about working through them and trying to find joy no matter what. Having said that, here are just a few of the things that bring me peace and joy.



My husband and favorite person in the world, Qian Zhiming. Our marriage, our genuine respect and affection for one another. All the challenges that have made us work hard and draw closer to each other and to what is most important.



Our precious, amazingly aware, fun, sweet, smart children.



Our health.



Our safety.



Our faith to call upon God to help us through the trials and help us to recognize the joy.



Our extended family---the love they have for our kids, the good memories they hold.



Our dear friends---old and new.



Wonderful babysitters.



Good jobs.



Sunny days, watching the kids ride their bikes and play in the sand. Welcoming friends to our home to celebrate our "baby's" first birthday!!!

















12 Comments:

  • At March 8, 2008 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Athack77 said...

    What great pictures! I love the family picture. Sometimes it seems like everyone wants a copy of a family picture but they either don't want to be in it, or it rally dosen't seem worth the effort. Tell us a little more about your word wall. I'm intrested to know how and what you use it for!

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Shaunna said...

    Lori, I love all the new pictures. Too cute. I love your house too, I'm jealous of that big backyard.

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

    Happy birthday baby Alex!

    I love your comments about life. You have inspired me to make a list as a family of the things we're grateful for.

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

    I love how all the kids are never looking at the camera... typical. What an exciting 1st birthday for Alexander. You're a great Mom. I also loved Abraham the teacher... hilarious.

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    I can't believe he's one already! That means my little guys isn't far behind.
    Great pictures. You have such a beautiful happy family. You are truly blessed.

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 11:52 PM , Blogger Angie Fellows said...

    You are such an amazing and strong person- Lori. What a wonderful mother, wife and friend you are. Your kids are adorable. I love your word wall!

     
  • At March 11, 2008 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Jamie and Erin said...

    Happy Birthday, Alexander! They grow way too fast. You moved the same weekend we did...don't you just love moving? ;)

     
  • At March 11, 2008 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Andelin said...

    Look at all of the friends you've made out their! You can barely find Alex in the sea of people at your house! That's so awesome! Congrats on the new hone and backyard! I'm so happy for you guys! Happy Birthday cute baby Alex! :-)

     
  • At March 12, 2008 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Janelle said...

    Happy Belated B-day Alexander! I had my 2 sisters in town all weekend to celebrate Tori's birthday. Can't wait to see more pics of your new house! Love ya!

    Janelle

     
  • At March 13, 2008 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Sister Tara Bowen said...

    Lori, I found you!!! I have been wondering about how you are forever--I stink at keeping emails and numbers when I move, and I'm thrilled to have found you. Check out my family blog at dougtaraisaac.blogspot.com. You better believe I'm putting you on my friends list and congratulations on your growing family!

     
  • At March 13, 2008 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Wow, I cannot believe he is ONE! I'm feeling really weird about that! Your backyard looks like fun! I love you!!

     
  • At March 24, 2008 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Tish Solomon said...

    I LOVED the family photo. Trying to take photos of my child all the time, that photo just makes me smile from ear to ear! Great birthday! Wow, what a busy time for birthdays and moving all in the first part of the year

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home